We just wanted to wish you a happy 60th birthday. You are such an inspiration to us all. We are grateful for you and the example you are to us. There has never been a more devoted wife, mother, daughter, grandma, coworker and friend. We hope you have a wonderful birthday and we love you dearly!!!
Friday, April 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





63 comments:
I love your blog!! I wish my kids would make a blog for me! Thanks so much for calling to check on us the other day! You are so sweet and always thinking of others despite your busy schedule. Thanks for everything you do! Have a wonderful, Happy 60th!! We love you! Love, Tammy, Ryan, Tyler, Tanner & Austin
Pat, Daniel and Curt want to wish you a wonderful birthday. There isn't room to list our favorite memories of such a wonderful friend, neighbor, and ward member. But there would be a mix of how sweet you've been to Jonathan, Leigh Ann and Daniel as they've grown up and how you've helped us so often. Guess youth conferences would be near the top of the list.
Happy birthday Diane! We are so glad that we have you in our family as well. Kaden still considers you to be one of his grandmas! Thank you for all the cute gifts and clothes you've given him over the past two years! You are such a generous person and a great example to me on how a mother should be. Your children love you so much. Your dedication to your family and your work is inspiring to me. Have a wonderful day and know that these Sperry's love you too! Happy birthday!
Love, Jen, Bryant, Kaden and Lily Sperry
I often ponder - where has all the time gone. I remember many wonderful times in our youth (btw thank you for the cd). I really appreciate the opportunity to rub shoulders with your mom and dad in my youth and to learn from them. I also remember great times together celebrating various holidays, anniversaries, birthdays, etc. I am so glad our families got to know each other. I really appreciate you and George's friendship and love. I can't believe how much it has meant to me to have you as friends. Wishing you a very happy 60th and many more. Love you very much, Marion
see MINDYINC.COM and FortheLoveofDenver.com
Diane.....what can I say other then HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love you so much and I am so grateful and luck to have you as a mother in law. Thank you so much for everything you do for me and Ben. We love you so much. Jen asked us to tell you what one of our favorite memories with is. I have so many.....One of them for sure has to be when you came and spent time with me when I had Bently. It meant so much to me to have you here to help me figure out how to be a new mom. You are such a great example of what a mom should be. I really look up to you. BTW I could never forget our kiss either.lol I love you. Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday mom!!! I hope it is the best one yet. I think one of my favorite memories of you was the day I went through the temple. I will never forget sitting in the room with you before going through the endowment. I will never forget some of the things that you told me. I wouldn't have chosen anyone else to be with at that moment. I love you so much. You have been such a great example to me. There are so many things that I have learned that I can pass down to Bailee from you. I love you and Happy Birthday!!!!
I always think of Diane when she was about 4 or 5 years old. Mildren always had her lovely blond hair done in ringlets and I don't think I ever saw her with a speck of dirt on her. Maybe years later when she was riding her horse Sequoia (probably wrong spelling). She was always a favorite of everyones as she was such a happy and fun person. The boys thought so too. Our children and Mildred and Richards family spent many years playing together and I don't ever recall a quarrel between any of them. I have always admired the fact that she made something of that fine mind the Lord blessed her with. She has done much to improve the lives of young people and will always be blessed for that. Ask her if she remembers eating her mother's chocolate bars. Tell her she can e-mail me any time she feels like it and also tell her that Maureen (our daughter who retired from teaching at the college for many years) is starting to feel better after nearly 3 years of one illness after another and she had never been sick hardly a day in 63 years. I think Diane could probably enlighten you more fully on any pranks she and Maureen, Terry and Brent pulled when they were young. But with tongue in cheek I don't think there was any damage done. Give her my love and a great big kiss and thank you for being a good daughter and honoring your mother in this manner.
Love, Autie Myra
Happy Birthday! I think my favorite memory of you is every time you bring me chocolate. You are very considerate of the things I enjoy and you always make sure to have them on hand. I couldn't ask for a better mother-in-law. Hope you have a wonderful day.
Love, (little) George
Happy Birthday Aunt Diane. We love you so much and hope that you have a wonderful day. You are the most kind and thoughtful person I have ever known. My favorite memories have been your visits every time that I have had a new baby. Growing up I loved coming to visit you. There is one Christmas that has always been my favorite. We came down from Canada to spend Christmas in Utah-I must have been about 8. We went to Grandmas for Christmas eve and you had painted tin pails for Tara and I. I thought that it was the best present ever! I wish that I still had that cute little pail. Thank you so much for all that you have done for us over the years.
Love, Erik and Jamie,
Hallee, Trent, Andra, Korbin, Rett and Maura Zirker
Happy Birthday Aunt Diane! I have so many fun memories of you, most of them include smiling and laughing, I think that's what you do best. You are a ray of sunshine. I loved coming to your house growing up, it was always an uplifting and fun place to be. I also remember a time when I wanted Brooke to go somewhere with me, but we had each told our parents that we were going to be somewhere else. Brooke said to me, "I can't. My mom trusts me, and I respect her, so I can't betray that." I hope that I can have that kind of relationship with my daughters and sons someday. You will always be one of my most favorite people in the world, and I aspire to be as fun and wonderful a mom as you are. Hooray for 60! Love ya!
Mandi and Fam :)
It's been great these past few months being able to work closely with you. We love your family and have loved being close to you guys. I hope you have a great 60th!
Brett and Lana
dear mom, where to start. thanks for always making your home an inviting place to be. you always have great advice to share and are an amazing listener. i loved spending time with you and the girls in chicago. the simple laughs and smiling til our cheeks hurt will be memories forever. i hope you have an amazing birthday! love always- catie, kyle and brighton
Happy Birthday Aunt Diane! I remember all the times we used to come visit and you'd teach us songs that my dad wouldn't teach us or approve of, but mostly the practical jokes that we would play on each other. But seriously i remember the time spent visiting, playing cards and the love that was felt. I don't see you often any more, but that doesn't mean that i don't know that we care about each other and that families can be together for ever.
I hope you have a great day, that life treats you well, and that this birthday only marks what is to come.
Love,
Kendon Evanson
Diane,
Happy Birthday! What a blessing you are to your family. I have so very muc appreciated my association with you and your family over the years. I still remember your wedding and going with Dennis over to your house in North Orem while we were freshmen at BYU. I'll never forget when you were dating George- the Firebird (blue I think) and George's re-enactment of a chicken pecking the bar on the chairlift at Sundance circa 1974. you can't make that stuff up! I hope you'll enjoy your special day and that you're treated like Queen Victoria since you share the same day with her. May be we could arrange for you to be the Grand Marshall at this year's Taber parade.
We love you.
Darrell and Lise Brown
Happy 60th auntie Diane!!! I hope that your birthday is as awesome as the one that you made so memorable for me years ago. I'll never forget when my whole family came out and celebrated my birthday with you guys. You bought be an ice cream cake and you and Uncle George took us all to Casa Benitez. It was so much fun and easily one of the most memorable experiences of my life. You're the best!!
Happy Birthday. I'm glad I've got a long time before I reach that age! I remember so fondly our trip to Puerto Vallarta in 2000. It was our first real honeymoon with the whole family! My favorite phrase was "...with him we need tornado...". Other memories might include dropping a brick on Terry's foot just after he stepped on a nail, putting Jerry Hall in the lockers, me falling off your buckskin horse at Uncle Johnny's and the list goes on. Love you lots, Kent
Happy Birthday Diane!!!
I just want you to know that I think you are the greatest sister in law I could have ever asked for. You have always been so kind and accepting of me, right from the beginning. As I have watched you through the years I have seen a person who quietly goes about giving and sharing and doing for others, usually when you're dog tired yourself. You make it look effortless. You have made a big difference in many lives as you live in such a Christlike manner. You are a great example to me and to my family. We love you dearly. Love,
Darla, Dennis and Family
Somebody once described you as being able to mesmerize those you taught. The actual comment went something like, "When Diane opened her mouth to share her ideas, it was like the ether just rose from the floor and mesmerized everyone!" Thanking you for finding the time to always reach out to make this world a better place for so many. I am honored to know you and wish you great happiness! Happy Birthday!
Jane Doty Fischer
Diane,
Happy 60th Birthday! We just want you to know how much we love you and how much we appreciate all you do for us! You are such a loving and giving person and a great example of the kind of person we should all try to be! I just love how happy and friendly you always are to everyone. Thanks for the example you are to all of us! We love you!
Scott and Heather
Wow! 60 years! I wish we could see more of you guys but can't seem to be able to connect either when we are in Denver or you guys are here in Utah. My favorite memories of you are the first day I met you after you guys moved in at Canal Rd. You were soooo pregnant with Jen. I remember our muddy driveways especially before the roads were put in and you trudding up them trying not to fall. The biggset compliment I could give you is that when I was your "nanny," you showed me how to be the best mom and homemaker I could be (having raised my two sons by myself and now helping to raise my two granddaughters) And now that I am very happily married, I remember that you always showed me that no matter how tough marriage was it was worth it and that true love never comes easily! Hope you have a fantastic birthday. Love you so much and may God always hold you in the palm of his hand. (Paula Kohagen Rigby)
Diane, I can't believe you are 60 years old already, you certainly don't look 60, really. I hope when I am 60 I look as good as you, oh wait I don't that good now, at 57. Lots of great memories, starting when we were neighbors and in our 20s, then trips to Lake Powell. But, my favorite memory is when you had moved and Kim asked you to return and talk to all the Young Women in the Stake about beauty tips, etc., at their overnight activity. The only problem was that you didn't have water in your new home yet, so you came to our house early in the morning to shower and get ready (of course Kim was staying overnight with the YW at the Church), and then our neighbor lady saw you leaving our house early in the morning and felt compelled to tell Kim that she had seen "Diane leave our house early with her overnight bag", and she knew Kim wasn't home. That has been such a funny story over the years. It is good Jenny looks a lot like George. You are the greatest and most wonderful example to us all. Love you Diane. Garth
Happy Birthday Diane, 60 years old, how time flies! I remember clear back when we were neighbors and you first became my friend, you were always there for me. When my parents were in an accident and when Garth and I were ushers at the Jordan River Temple dedication you unselfishly tended our kids. I remember being inspired to pick you as my counselor in the Stake Young Women's Presidency, you did such an outstanding job (I was 21 and you were 25, Wow). You have always been an excellent example to me. You are a great cleaner (I never knew anyone, before you, who windex cleaned her light bulbs), decorator, seamstress, wonderful teacher, fabulous speaker, a super daughter and a fantastic mom, wife and grandma. You are a great cook (I am still using many of your recipes) and you taught me how to can. Your gift is to always make everyone feel special. Always giving of yourself is one of your best traits. You have raised a beautiful, righteous family and your testimony of the gospel and our Savior are always at the fore front of your life. Everything you do is wonderful. Nothing is ever average or mediocre, it is always over the top and to die for. You've taught me what a true friend is, always calling to keep in touch, and of course we will fondly remember our many fabulous trips to Lake Powell and all the fun we had there. Happy 60th birthday. You are one amazing woman and I love you dearly. Love, Kim
Happy Birthday Diane, Where did all the time go? It seems you just moved into your home on Canal Road and we were all so busy having and raising our babies. I'll never forget the day when I had just returned home from the hospital with my fifth baby and was getting out my canning equipment to do some overripe peaches. You showed up at my door and insisted on doing my canning for me. I was soooo grateful. Thanks for your many acts of kindness and friendship. You are loved. Devonna
What a tender tribute given to you on 60th birthday by your loving children. It would be difficult for me to come up with just one experience where you have touched my heart. Let me start with the first. Shortly after Den and I moved to Utah and found ourselves as your neighbor, you came over one morning--I can't remember why I was struggling that day, but we both were in need of a best friend, and you just said, "Why don't we just be best friends!" Since that day, you have been like a sister to me. You have ALWAYS listened, with an understanding heart, to my problems, taught my daughter how to read, cleaned up a smashed puppy in my garage after I ran over it, loved my children and served in Mutual with me. We shopped, crafted, baked, decorated and redecorated our homes, laughed until we cried and then cried until we laughed. You have always been an inspiration to me in every way. We love you and George so much and consider you eternal friends.
Happy 60th Birthday!!!!
PS I'm so excited to have one of my friends with a blog! I'm going to put a link to your blog on my blog!!
Happy Birthday Diane! My first memories of you were during my freshman year of high school, us moving in to a new ward and your family showing ours much love. You have raised some wonderful children, and have a great better half to keep you company. We with you the best on your 60th.
Bryce Unck
Mom-
Happy Birthday! I just want to tell you how much I love you and how much you mean to me. You have been my teacher and example and I know how to be a great mother because of you. You are an incredible homemaker. Our home always was a safe haven and a place where I knew I was loved. You taught me how to cook, clean (against my own will), do laundry, decorate a house for Christmas, put on a party, budget, cross-stitch, etc. A lot of who I am today, I owe to you.
You also taught me the value of service. You are always willing to help anyone. You go the extra mile to make someone feel special. I can’t even count the number of times you have done small acts of service to make someone’s day, whether you know them or not. You are constantly slipping homeless people money, calling a friend who is having a hard time, attending events as support for people you know, coming and cleaning/ cooking/ caring/ teaching/staying up late at night when we have babies, and the list goes on!
I will treasure the many moments we have had together (including one of my favorite, traveling the world) but the most of all I am grateful for your testimony. I always know where you stand and you have instilled that love for the gospel in my life. You are my hero and I love you more than you will ever know! Happy Birthday! I love you, Brooke
I have good memories of Diane as a child, teen-ager, college, marriage and a mother and grandmother. Times were happy but sometimes stressful for her and always challenging.
She has been successful in her life and has always had the gift of creativity that she has been able to use to her advantage. During a problem one time I asked her what she was going to do? The response was “well I chose this, so I’ll make it work” and so she did. When asked how she avoided pitfall during her youth she responded that she had decided what she wanted in life and what she would or would not do, when confronted the answer was already there. Diane was always thoughtful and kind to others, considerate of their needs, a good friend, loved life and others.
She has had a very successful career, due to her personality and creativity and work ethic she has blessed the lives of many people. Her work has been challenging. She is an excellent teacher both in the church and in her career and as she teaches she looks for there needs and addresses them. Always looking for ways of improvement and ideas to write about that would benefit others.
Diane was a happy child except when she got wet. We were painting at a house we were building, children went with me and played with the Petz children next to where I was Painting. Mrs Petz was mopping a floor and had a bucket of water on the floor and Diane backed up and sat into the bucket. She was wet and upset and I had to take her home and get some dry clothes on her.
Diane started talking at an early age and by the time she was 3 years old could carry on a conversation with anyone. People were surprised when she answered the phone. As she grew older she would play tricks on the phone. One day she answered the phone by saying “Joe’s Pool Hall”, the person on the other end said” is your father there/”. Guess who was on the phone, Present Nathan Tanner and was she embarrassed.
One time I was in Salt Lake to an MIA General conference and Diane was home doing what needed to be done there. When her father was home for lunch she asked him what he wanted for dinner, his response was “fix what you would like”. When her father came home he didn’t see any evidence of dinner and when he asked her about it she said’ you told me to fix what I wanted and I didn’t want anything so I didn’t make anything. Needless to say her father was not too happy with her.
Happy Birthday Diane!!!
Love Mom
Happy Birthday Sister Paynter!
Thanks for all the great memories of way back when in a place called Aurora... You were such a fun seminary teacher and had us so well prepared for the scripture bowl (by the way, with scriptures now instantly searchable on smartphones and iPads, how do they do scripture chase now?)
I have a couple of funny memories from when I was babysitting for you. There was the time you offered to pay me in Canadian dollars (I declined...) Of course your home was always super neat, and I remember once in testimony meeting you saying how grateful you were for George because he didn’t mess up the pattern you vacuumed in the carpet! Ha ha. Hope you have a memorable birthday surrounded by your wonderful family.
Love,
Ryan Park
Diane, there are many memories I have of you, but the one that has meant the most to me was the card you gave me after Chaunte' passed away. I remember you giving it to me with a big hug and telling me that everything would be ok in time. And every time I am having a hard "Chaunte' day" I read your card and am reminded that we will be together eternally and that this is just a moment of time in the grand scheme of things. I love you and Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday to you Diane,
It is possible that I have known Diane longer than any of her friends. Why do I say this? I'm just 4 months older, born in the same town, parents being best friends, attending the same church, going through HS together participating in the same activities with the same circle of friends, being roommates for over 3 years after high school at college and university. You know someone very well after all this. I have vivid memories of us together on the front row of Sunday school learning how to take the sacrament together. On the front row tells me we must have been 3 years old. Diane always looked pretty as her Mom dressed her in beautiful ruffly dresses and patent leather shoes. Being the only girl in her family really had its rewards since her Dad especially adored her. That is one strong impression I will always have- that of Richard smiling at his beautiful little blonde girl with the happy, squinty eyed face, with love and approval. Diane's love for her father was equal in return. She seemed to grow up endowed with every strong quality from both her parents. It was a perfect situation to go out into the world and make her dreams come true.
Diane was always really fun to be with. She was playful and mischievous so there was always a little more adrenalin in the system when you hung out with Diane. Our friendship grew as we went through junior high and HS together. We roomed together at Ricks College for 2 years and then another year at BYU, always sharing the same bedroom and having lots of good talks and laughs. I had about 50 other housemates through it all, but there was always Diane whom I could count on as a trusted roommate and friend.
Some things I HAVE OBSERVED watching Diane over the years:
- how to really have fun with your dog by putting scotch tape on the paws or peanut butter on the roof of it's mouth.
- how to have a real good food fight. -- (one with bananas stands out in my mind while fishing at purple springs).
- how to go on 3 dates in one evening.-- (I could never do this, due to lack of offers, but she had it down to a smooth process and had lots of offers)
- how a pretty, long coat ,could cover up the PJs for early morning college classes making it easier to come home and jump back into bed.
- how to be self assured and confident as a young person and emerge as a natural leader.
There are hundreds of things Diane taught me through her example.
As Diane emerged from faithful, grounded ancestors; from a small rural town that taught how hard work and honest effort pays off; from an excellent education at BYU; and from her wise choice in marriage. From all these great blessings, is it any wonder that she has been happy and successful in all areas of her life?
It has been fun to turn 60. Some of our friends have not lived this long. Knowing Diane she will not slow down any time soon but will squeeze every bit of fun out of every experience for the next 40 yrs.
All the best to a wonderful "OLD" friend. Love Wendy Wood Saunders
Diane, You have always been an inspiration in my life. When I was a young mom with my three little boys I would tell Tracy that I hoped to grow up and be just like you! I loved how spiritual you were and the advice you would offer me when I was troubled. I love how you taught your children the value of hard work, and then how to play hard! I cherish the times we would come over for dinner and hang out in your cool backyard George made so beautiful. My boys still remember Christmas Eve's at the Paynter's house and skiing with your family at Loveland. The only girls that could handle my boys when they were young was Jenny and Brook! Anytime your name is mentioned, we all say, "She's such a cool lady." Happy Birthday Diane. You'll never know the impact you've had on my life. Love, Melanie
Happy Birthday Diane! What a fun thing your wonderful kids did for you. But then they get their "wonderfulness" from you don't they. You have a very kind, and warm family and we love you all. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Love Peggy (Paynter) you know Marv's wife.
Aunt Diane,
Well I know that I am not supposed to tell anyone that I am your favorite Niece, however I think they are all old enough now to just accept it!! There is not way I can share all of the wonderful memories I have of you from growing with you in my life! Here are a few of my favorites! I remember coming to your house and taking naps and how much I LOVED taking naps! Everyone had nap time, however I thought that I was big enough to not need them! Well you had another idea! Now that I have my own kids, I can see why those naps were indeed necessary! One of my favorite memories was when you moved to Parker and we would come sleep over at your house. You and Uncle George would almost always take us to the Baskin Robbins 31 flavored Ice cream and let us get whichever kind we wanted! I always loved doing that with you guys! I will never have the same experience traveling that we had on our trip to Australia!! Thank you for everything you have done for me and my family over the years! I appreciate you always making the effort to come to my birthday lunch! I was sad not being there to do it. If you are ever in Ohio, look us up!! We look forward to seeing you this summer! Maybe we can squeeze in a traditional trip to Water World!! I loved growing up so close to you and your family and look forward to my kids doing the same. Thanks for all of the memories and we cannot wait to continue making more! We hope you have a Happy Birthday and wish we could be there to celebrate with you!!
Love always & forever,
Lacey, Stew,
Tyler, Conner, and Dustin
Happy Birthday Diane!
About 7-8 years ago when Diane was my visiting teacher.. my son was in 2nd grade and was a handful! She would laugh and give me advice and ideas to tell the teacher and things to watch out for. Diane - you made such a difference for me and gave me peace and calm in a time of turmoil! Thank you for being there for me. And thank you now -for the fun times we have when we get together. I love talking and laughing with you. Your one of a kind. Have a Happy Day - Judy
Happy Birthday Aunt Diane!!
I hope you have a wonderful birthday!! I have always admired how you seem to juggle everything in your life so well, and yet have managed to be an outstanding wife, mother, and grandmother to your immediate family. You have always been so supportive of my family and I, and I appreciate all the love and togetherness you show with all our extended family. You are an amazing example of love!
I am lucky to have an aunt like you, Have a Happy 60th!
Love Lauren
Hi Dianne! You are such a funny, happy person to be around! I first remember getting to know you at my wedding shower. You, Brooke, and Jen gave me the cutest towels and things for my kitchen. I still use them today and they are so cute! I remember being so excited to meet you three and thinking of how fun you all were. Just one of the many bonuses that came along with marrying my sweet man! I have loved getting to know you even better over the years. You have such a fun, positive energy and are the kind of person everyone always wants to be around! We love you Dianne! Love, Mel, Nan, Eli and Addi
Happy 60th Diane! I hope you have a wonderful day. It's great that your kids have set this up for you! I have loved our association through the years. I have watched as you cared for so many individuals and families in their times of need. Our family has also been the recipients of your kind acts. You are multi-talented and always willing to share your abilities in helping others - and doing your best at whatever calling or assignment you have. I loved your gospel doctrine lessons, youth conference, and my favorite primary sharing time was this past December on our gifts to Jesus this year. I came to know you best when we served as visiting teachers together. I always looked forward to our visits with those we taught as well as the nurturing you gave me. We'd usually spend a half hour or more just sitting in my driveway talking after we finished visiting our sisters.
Thanks for everything - You're amazing! love Ann
Diane was always treated better than us boys. She could get away with things that just got us in trouble. That's why I needed to scare her with spiders. It really brought her back down to earth so that we could live with her.
Happy Birthday. I am really glad that you are my sister and for the love and relationship that we have had over the years and for what you have done for me and my family. Love Terry
Though my memory has never been very good about my childhood or even adulthood, I have some specific memories of my cousin Di. She and most of the other girls from church all went to Dr. Hammond Elementary school while I went to school on the "other" side of the tracks at LT Westlake. So it wasn't till we all got into junior high that I really started to associate with this favorite relative. We did lots with church together, rode horses and hung out in general. Pretty thick, blonde hair (which she still has) is one of her beautiful trademarks. I remember her being an accomplished piano player who learned to be a whiz at everything she attempted, probably inherent but certainly modeled by her mother . When my oldest daughter, April was getting married in the Denver temple, Di was generous to our family in so many ways. We stayed with her, she meticulously ironed April's wedding dress early on the morning of the wedding, she graciously hosted a family luncheon at her house, catered by her sisterinlaw, doing all the setup and cleanup for that herself. And, if my memory serves me, I think we even used her van for transporting ourselves to various places. This is just a small indication of the kind and thoughtful nature of my own cousin Di. She has been so good to keep in touch over the years. I value her relation to me but mostly ,her loving friendship.
Happy, happy birthday , Di. I hope this 60th anniversary of your birth brings you much joy and happiness as you reflect on what these good years have brought you ... a loving family, knowledge and success in business but true happiness because of the Gospel which ties it all together.
Much love,
Your cousin, Patti
Happy Birthday! Whenever Aunt Diane is around, you know you will have a good time! I always loved coming over to your house and visiting and having sleep overs when I was little. We love you and love seeing you. Happy Birthday-
Adam & Jessie
Happy Birthday, Di! I'll never forget the first time I met the Paynter family. It was at a Halloween party at your house. You made me feel instantly accepted and included. Within seconds, you became my dearest friend. That has never changed! You've been my teacher, my cheerleader, my adviser, my confidante, my sounding board, my sister, my friend! You are a remarkable individual. You never cease to amaze me with your vast and varied talents, your incredible discipline, your never ending charity and compassion. You CAN DO ANYTHING ...and pretty much have already done everything "virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy." Hope you always know, I love you to pieces! Happy Birthday! --Merriloy
Dear Diane,
Thank you for our friendship. You are truly one of the most remarkable people that I know and I will treasure you for life.
As I think back to 20 years of knowing you, a fondness fills my heart for so many different reasons. First, I don't think I could have ever done this consulting work without your mentorship. I learn from you constantly. Thank you for the hours of meeting with me, teaching me about Bob's work, and having the faith in me that I could deliver the work to teachers. I value all that I have learned from you professionally, and appreciate your mentorship.
I love and respect how you care for everyone around you. You are the greatest Mom, and grandma, We can all learn from observing you in this role. You are a great friend to people in need. You have always been there for me in hard times, as well as so many of our friends. Deena and Jess, are two great examples. Your kindness spills over to the world. I love to stand by and learn from you about your great sense of giving and helpfulness.
Most of all, I love the idea that you are in my life, and we will have many more years to spend together.
Happy Birthday on your 60th.
Love, Maria
Some wise person a long time ago said that there are three phases that a person goes through in life that make the difference between a fulfilled life or not....The first is that you are a novice. You are learning from everyone around you and your success depends upon your family and those who teach you.....The second phase is when you self-actualize and become confident in most of what you have been taught and experience success in the life, or work, you have chosen....The third is when you have reached an experience point where you can give back to those who are novices...you are a mentor...
Before I joined Marzano and Associates Diane was not only a great friend...but was also a mentor to me as I went through all of those phases with my staff and after...with our company. For me ....she has become an inspiration of how to help others through these three most important aspects of growth, both as a person and as a professional, ...Diane is the essence of commitment to her family...her friends and her colleagues.
“The difference between ‘involvement’ and ‘commitment’ is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:
the chicken was ‘involved’ – the pig was ‘committed’.”
~ANONYMOUS~
Diane is committed and we bless her for that
Happy Birthday
Mark Foseid
Happy Birthday Diane! My favorite memory with is...(I hope this isn't inappropriate?!)...but it's my favorite! It was while I was in college and Brooke and I were roomates. I had been having horrible migraine headaches and you shared with me that you used to have migraines too. That is... until you got married, and that sex had helped to take them away. Then we laughed really hard while we tried to think of ways we would be able to convince my bishop that I needed to be able to have sex purely for "medicinal purposes." It's things like that that make me miss living close to Brooke, the benefit of your fun visits!! I love you for always being there for me like a mother during my college years and while we were fighting the battle with cancer with Dexter. Love, Hanna
Hey Honey,
After reading some of the comments from your friends, I thought I would tell you that the one who loves, cares and supports you beyond anything on this planet is me. I love you more than beans and rice. You are the most important person in my life. I would be less than half a person without you. You really do complete me. Your the one I want by my side in the eternities along with our beautiful children and grandchildren who you have blessed my life with. You are a beautiful person. I hope all of these comments from everyone help you to see that. Love always, and happy birthday!!! Your husband George.
Birthday Greetings from Okinawa, Japan. And welcome to the 60+ Club! I have many fun memories of you, Diane, when we served together in a Relief Society presidency so long ago. But the one special memory I have is that you made the most gorgeous blessing dress for our daughter, Suzanne. That dress is a treasured heirloom now. You may be interested to know that Suzanne will be 25 years old next month! Now that our kids are grown, we're serving a mission... before we join the 70+ Club. Enjoy your day and your wonderful family. Follow our blog at SavageMission.blogspot.com
I hesitated a very long time before writing this only because my feelings about Diane span so many poignant memories. As Dickens said, we have been through “the best of times and the worst of times.” We have traveled the world together walking the hillsides in Thailand to sit and talk to a young Karen woman with loop after loop of metal rings around her neck that she and her tribe found beautiful. And though she did it because of an old tribal legend about tigers biting woman’s neck, as we chatted, we found out how much the three of us actually had in common. We were three woman from very different cultures appreciating connecting with one another. We’ve sat eating lunch under the volcano at Taormina and laughed hysterically when we finally confirmed that every restaurant in town had the same menu. We celebrated wildly, me with a glass of wine, her with a gingerale and then rushed happily to Monsoon’s on the Graben to pick out baby clothes for the new grandbabies.
We’ve soaked in lively violin music on a balcony overlooking an aquamarine Aegean Ocean in Dubrovnik. We’ve drunk the best hot chocolate in the world with mounds of whipped cream while watching the pastry chef’s at Demel’s make their famous sachertorte. The venues were backdrops for laughing and talking and learning new things, for shopping and solving the worlds’ problems and our own, for building a lifetime friendship that spans decades.
When we work together, I am so proud of her brillance and patience with others that don’t know as much as she does. Her ability to help people learn makes her a master at her craft. We all call her THE DIANE PAYNTER. Unlike others in her field, she devours knowledge until she fully understands it and makes it a part of her and then shares it. She works with teachers until they have enough knowlege and skill to actually make a difference in children’s lives. I know of few consultants who can make the same claim.
How can I ever express how much I love the friend that saved my child’s life, who cares deeply about so many people and for whom acts of kindness are not random, but a part of who she is and how she lives her life. Happy Birthday Dearest Darling One.
Your Friend ,
Deena
Happy Birthday Mom! I hope you realize after reading all of these posts how important you are to everyone and what a positive influence you are on the lives of so many people. My favorite memory of you would have to be the time I came to you with a lack of faith and an uncertainty in the gospel. You gave me a huge hug and told me to trust in you and that, for the time being, you would have enough faith for the both of us. I trusted in you with all of my heart and knew that you would never lead me astray. Because of you and your example my family and I are strong in the gospel and couldn't be happier. I wish you the best birthday money could buy. We love you! Ben, Ashli and Bently
Hi Diane, I can't believe you are a "woman of a certain age" just like me. I have known you so long and my association with you has been one of those special lifetime experiences I wouldn't trade for anything. You get more beautiful and wise with every year you are upon the earth. Happy birthday, friend,enjoy!
Terry
Happy Birthday grandma!!! We just wanted to say thank-you for all of the clothes you buy us!!! Really we want to say thank-you for being the BEST grandma in the world. Nobody could be luckier to have such a wonderful grandma!!! Happy Birthday, we love you!!! Bently, Bailee, & Easton!!!
Happy Birthday Diane! Thank you so much for your love and support over the years. I am so glad that our families became friends when we moved here. I loved spending time at your home in HS with you and your girls... And I am glad I still get to see you often. You are like a second mom to me. Love ya! Brooke(Gardner)Southard
Happy Birthday Diane!! Im so jealous you are sitting on the beach right this second!! I hope its sunny and warm LOL Make sure you have your sun screen on!! I just wanted to say thanks for everything you have done for me. You were always there for me through some of the best times in my life. Im so greatful for your family and for the support they all have. That shows how amazing you are!! You are very blessed!! I have so many fun memories with you, but I think one of my all time bests is our trip to Chicago a couple years ago :) LOL Even though it was super cold and we walked for MILES. But it was one trip I will never forget. Have a wonderful birthday!! I love you so much!!
Love, Jami
Diane,
You are a very kind and caring person. I dare say you are one of the most selfless individuals that I have met. I could not ask for a better mother in law and I truly mean that. I think that you have a great work ethic; wether it involves preparing for a workshop or putting in the extra time to complete a project that most of us think about but never get to. Simply put you just have a way of getting things done. I am so happy that Easton has you and George for grandparents. Your home is and will always be warm and comforting. I want you to know that I admire you and George for always putting your family first. I love you very much. May you continue to take comfort and joy in your family as your legacy grows one grandchild at a time. Now, I think this post was at least worth $100.00, what do you think?
Love you
-Sean (your first and favorite Son in Law)
To My Dear Friend……….
I remember so clearly when we moved into the ward. It was one of the two most difficult periods in my life. Our world as we knew it had been turned completely upside down. I was struggling daily to keep my thoughts positive and my faith strong. I spent so much time on my knees…just praying for strength and understanding. I remember at that time in my life I would rehearse daily, numerous times, Nephi’s statement…. paraphrased, “I do not know the meaning of all things, nevertheless, I know the Lord loves His children.” At a very difficult time, I was blessed to know that was true. In a very significant way that the Lord showed me that He loved me by blessing my life with a new friend….. you….. who immediately loved me, listened to me, encouraged me, and blessed my life in so many ways. There is a quote that so beautifully expresses the role you played in my life at that time.
"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
You have blessed my life with your wisdom, your understanding and sensitivity, your sense of humor, your empathy gained from trials of your own, and your love.
We have spent long hours conversing and solving all the problems of the world… both our worlds and the “real world.” We have been blessed to share a love of many of the same things. We have been able to share our joys and tears without fear of being judged…. only understood. It has been a blessing to both of us that our testimonies of the Lord’s constant love and His desire to bless us always are absolute. During both the joyful times and the trying times we have shared, that shared knowledge has been such a blessing as we have both rejoiced and consoled each other.
You have continued to be a caring, trustworthy and treasured friend as the years have passed. You are always willing to serve, forgive, love and cherish each person in your life…. be they family or friends. I learn so much from you as I watch you in your role as wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend. Your heart is so pure and so kind. You are an extraordinary daughter of our Heavenly Father and I will always be grateful to Him for blessing my life with your friendship!
Nancy
We moved to Parker over 14 years ago. Diane and George were some of the
first people we met. We instantly became friends with them. Diane and I
are so much alike, and Durr and George are so much alike. I remember many
4th of July's in their yard. One year, the police even came over.
We spent a Halloween at their house too, when it had fallen on a Sunday.
We have been the recipient many times of Diane's fantastic cooking. When
she has a dinner party, she has a dinner party. She truly puts me to shame.
Durr wonders why I never try anything different and spend more time on the
meals. (You mean tacos and spaghetti and chicken on the grill aren't
different enough?)
It was also fun years ago, when are kids were in high school. Jenny and
Brooke were good friends with our Brooke. They were some of the first kids
to befriend her. Jenny even drove Brooke to early morning seminary. It
seems only fitting that Diane and I have granddaughters named Bentley, since
we both have daughters named Brooke. Ben and our son Rhett drove over to
Provo together and the car broke down in Green River, Utah. They had to
spring for a motel, since the car would not be repaired until the next day.
I think there are some funny stories there that we still have not heard.
Diane is the most amazing person. She is so smart,(again, puts me to
shame), talented in EVERYTHING, spiritual and knows so many things about the
scriptures. She is still my favorite gospel doctrine teacher ever. She
keeps an immaculate house and decorates wonderfully. She is beautiful, kind
and funny and loves her family. I feel so blessed to be her friend. She is
one of the dearest, sweetest, most Christlike people that I know. I love
you Diane!
Happy 60th Birthday!!
All my love,
Jolynn
My favorite memory of Diane, where do I start? We had so many fun times just laughing and being crazy. Some of my favorite times were when we would get together and play games and just hang out talking, laughing, and eating. We had a wonderful time when we went to New England with the Records. We drove all over looking at the fall foliage and eating and having Mike and Nanon complain about how expensive things were. Another fun memory is when we drove all over the south eastern part of the US talking like southern belles. We were so good at it too. On that trip Diane taught me about kudzu. I cant remember if it was that trip that we went to Key West, but we were walking down the street and there was some big celebration going on. Some women had a big huge white python draped around her. I had to close my eyes and hang on to Gordon and George so I could walk by her and that ugly snake. It took a lot of coaxing to get me to walk past. I miss Diane so much. She is great lady and a wonderful friend. We have had many wonderful times together. I wish we could see each other more often. I hope you all have a wonderful time in Laguna Beach. Love Sue Henderson
Happy Birthday! Some of my earliest memories of family vacations were the trips down to Salt Lake. There was one trip where we found a nice big black widow in one of the bathrooms. I was terrified it would bite one of us and we would die (I'd heard they were poisonous). Of course, Richard was not nearly so scared!
Nate (also Happy Birthday from Tricia, Adam, Joshy, and Pitter, but none of them were there for the spider)
There are so many memories of the time I spent with you and your family. You were like my second home. My haven from my pesky dad. I think I spent more time at your house during my teen years than at my own house. I loved having you as a young womens leader. You have always been such a great example to me. I always wanted to grow up and be just like you. I think I even tried to say eh after everything for a while. I loved all the young womens activities, mostly camp, but I fondly remember driving to Provo to see your mom when she was sick and you were pregnant. I would drive so that you could eat saltines and try and rest.
After you moved to Denver I loved coming to see you over the Christmas holidays. We usually did my most favorite thing, go to lots of movies!! Remember the time I spent most of my visit trying to put together that Cinderella castle puzzle?! Good times!! You have always been so good to me. I appreciate your humor, (though at times, when I was only 14 or 15, I think it was over my head) your kind heart, your unconditional love and service to others and the strong testimony you have of the gospel and of the Savior. I still want to grow up to be just like you. Most of all, I feel blessed to know you and to call you friend!!
Happy 60th Birthday Diane.
All my love, Camille
Happy, Happy Birthday! I actually can remember the first time that we met you! You had just moved into your home on the Canal Road and we were in the process of building ours. We were having a hard time finding brick that we liked, until we saw yours. In retrospect, you should have been very annoyed with us for asking if we could use the same brick. However, you were your gracious self and told us that you wouldn't mind at all.
I have wonderful memories of raising our small children together. Jana was heart broken when Jenny moved, and it was great that we could send her to your house in the summer and that Jenny could come spend time with us. Jana, however, is still terrified of tornados!
I've decided that the reason that you could always do everything so fast, especially clean, is that it freed you up to do so much for so many people. You have always been an amazing example of service.
A couple of the funnier memories that I have are watching George and Larry share the same car on the Wild Mouse ride at Lagoon. That has to be one for the record books. Also, having Gus walk over and hand us a corn cob during a barbeque at your house. I can't imagine where it came from. And playing Guitar Hero in you basement in Parker. Good times!
The only bad part about being your friend is that you had to move away. We're just waiting for you to miss those grandbabies so much that you come back!
Hope that you have a great birthday. Sixty looks amazing on you! By the way, Larry said to tell you that he just saw a picture of Slim Whitman's wife and she could have been your twin!
Love you, Larry, Debra & Family
Happy Birthday Diane ....
Greetings From Snowy Salt Lake City
Can you really believe how "old" we now are!
I was in my mid-thirties when I met you .... so I guess you .... were not in your twenties. I thought you were years longer than me.
You and I served together in Relief Society and later you and Gordon taught Early Morning Seminary at Overland High School for years.
Also I got to work with with your wonderful husband George when I was Relief Society President and he was in the bishopric.
Back then we also had a play group for our kids if I remember correctly. Now our children are married and have babies .... yours are so cute!
Your are a most delightful, kind, hardworking, smart and dear friend.
Love You Diane ....
Birgid
We now have been friends longer away from each other .... 18 years .... than the 9 years in Aurora.
We will always keep in touch I am sure.
Happy 60th Diane! Heartfelt birthday greetings to a grand friend.
Obviously, my first memories of you are growing up in Taber. Different schools and different wards meant little interaction until high school, but as Terry and I became close friends, I was around your home quite a bit. Growing up on the farm near Taber was a terrific. Although always lots of work to do, there was still time for fun … whatever circle we ran in, the venues were similar. Activities such as house parties, church dances, the Victoria Day parade and rodeo, ice skating, hockey, curling, sledding, horse back riding, summer picnics at Taber River Park, wiener roasts, ward suppers and progressive dinners, July 24th parades and picnics, and corn busts … even the many church farm service projects, and things like building the Taber Stake Center. Christmas and New Year festivities were special … big dinners with lots of family were always something to anticipate; Christmas crackers and silly hats; visiting relatives’ and friends’ homes throughout the holiday and enjoying wonderful food … hand dipped chocolates, homemade root beer, homemade ice cream, homemade buns, homemade squares, homemade pies … actually, homemade everything. Particular favorite activities of mine during the holiday season were the Taber Community Carol Festival held at the old Civic Centre with Rell Francis as MC, and the New Year’s Eve dances.
I have a couple of specific memories of your home … walking in the door and having your mother know where Terry and I had been … or at least convincing us to believe she knew; sitting in the living room while your dad had one of you play the piano; Terry and I making homemade ice cream and 4 minute soft boiled eggs. The most unique memories however were the food fights in and around the kitchen, often started by your mother.
Many years later, we moved to the Denver within months of each other. It was great to have you and George and your family here during those first years. As others from Taber came to the area, it was always a delight to get the Canadian group together, family gatherings and adult dinner nights. Then there were those years we were both teaching early morning seminary, sharing ideas for lessons and attending symposiums, including getting together with Brent.
Families are so important; we are bound to our families. But many of us have friends who are like family, and their influence can be eternal also. At various times in my life, your example, your friendship, a service you provided, a comment you made, the way you lived your life, the way you shared your talents, the way you shared yourself … it made a difference. Some of the greatest insights in life come from the little details of our experiences. My true birthday wish for you is that you know and understand your goodness … as a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mother, an aunt, and a friend. You are a testament that our actions and our words can and do lift and bless the lives of others.
In a very old book titled GREAT TRUTHS, there is a quote:
No good act performed in the world ever dies. Science tells us that no atom of matter can ever be destroyed, that no force, once started, ever ends; it merely passes through a multiplicity of ever changing phases. Every good deed done to others is a great force that starts an unending pulsation through time and eternity. We may not know it, we may never hear a word of gratitude or of recognition, but it will all come back to us in some form as naturally, as perfectly, as inevitably, as echo answers sound. Perhaps not as we expect it, nor where; but sometime, somehow, somewhere, it comes back, as the dove that Noah sent form the Ark returned with its green leaf of revelation.
I honour you because of your “good acts” … I pray for the Lord’s continued blessings upon you because of your goodness.
Love from forever family friends,
Keith and Cathy
Diane,
You are one of the most onderful human beings I know. Your attention to your family, your friends and your ork is admirable and a gift to all of us. You have taken what God has give to you and worked so very hard. May you reap all of his kindnesses that come directly from His heart. Love to you always, Sheila Donis
Diane,
I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I hated to miss the "Sixty is Sexy" party, but I needed to be with Emma on her kindergarten field trip to the zoo. I knew that you would understand. I honestly don't remember how we became friends, but I'm so glad that we did. You're so very wise, talented, beautiful and kind. I have enjoyed our couples dinners together, lunch dates and the fun conversations we've had. You're an example to me of leadership, compassion, style and friendship. You have taught and continue to teach my family and me so much. Happy Birthday all over again!
Love,
Dori
Post a Comment